Huw is a highly-qualified and widely-experienced counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor with over 33 years experience within the clinical (NHS) and academic sector. As Clinical Director Huw provides prompt, positive, research-driven, effective approaches to counselling and psychotherapy within the Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire area.
Huw has 33 years of advanced clinical and educational practice, providing you with the reassurance of receiving the most up to date, professional and specialist intervention in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Huw provides opportunities for developing successful and sustainable positive change to improve your life and relationships. Those Individuals experiencing, depression, anxiety, uncertainty, low self esteem, diminished confidence, low mood, relationship difficulties, family issues, bereavement and other related concerns, are those individuals that could most benefit from my expert input.
A senior academic, researcher and practitioner, Huw actively contribute through paper and workshop presentation nationally. Huw is a registered Psychotherapist and Supervisor with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy, Registered Psychodrama Practitioner, Trainer, Supervisor and Training Supervisor with the British Psychodrama Association, Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Huw has held previous roles of External Advisor for the MSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, Birmingham City University. Academic support and guidance for the MSc in Integrative Counselling, MA Dramatherapy, M
- Would you like to move positively forward?
- Are you needing to feel ‘lighter’ and less troubled/worried?
- Do you need to be feeling more confident and in personal control?
- Would you like to be more in the driving seat of your life as opposed to the passenger seat?
Huws aim is to provide an outstanding service which concentrates on:
- The opportunity for developing positive forward movement
- Prompt appointment responses for individuals
- Fully accredited professional practice
- Respectful and confidential approach
- Cost effective and time efficient support
Training, qualifications & experience
Huw holds a continuing commitment to best practice which is reflected through his ongoing professional development. Huw holds membership and accreditation through a number of Professional Registers.
Advanced training has included involvement with the Human Potential Research Project at the University of Surrey, external advisor to the MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy at the University of Central England, University of Wolverhampton, Metanoia Institute and the Oxford School of Psychodrama and Integrative Psychotherapy.
Huw continues to contribute to a range of professional arenas and has been instigative in providing academic input to a range of Post Graduate training within Dramatherapy, Dance Movement, Integrative Counselling, Psychodrama, Coaching and Supervision at Masters level.
- Registered Mental Health Nurse PIN: 82H1621E
- Diploma in Professional Studies. University of Wolverhampton
- BSc Hons Educational Studies. University of Wolverhampton
- Registered Lecturer/Practitioner. Nursing and Midwifery Council. PIN 82H1621E
- Registered Nurse Tutor. Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Central England
- MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy. University of Central England
- Certificate in Dramatherapy. University of Worcester
- Diploma in Psychodrama Psychotherapy. Oxford School of Psychodrama
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy PIN: 05157795